Hope you are all having a good day! We have been busy in Kinder 1 after the long break.
In ELA, we are now reading and writing Word Family AD. We learned words like bad, dad, fad, had, lad, We also discussed about action words. The kids are doing great in these!
In Social Studies, we have been identifying goods and services. Goods are things that are tangible (you can hold) such as toys, pens, hats, books, clothes, etc. Services are activities provided by other people such as curing the sick, driving a cab, babysitting, shoveling snow, feeding a fish, teaching a student, etc.
In Science, we are discussing about land forms like mountains, valleys, hills, and plains.
In Math, we are now in Lesson 5.3 of Go Math, Acting Out Addition Problems.
Here are some upcoming DISK activities. Please take note and mark your calendars!
- March 12 and 13 are Exam Days. We will have half day on March 13, Tuesday. Lunch will not be provided. Please fetch your child at 11:15AM. Thank you.
- March 16- End of Quarter 3.
- March 20- Holy Week Lenten Mass/ Stations of the Cross.
- March 21- Student Council Spirit Day
- March 23- DISK Family Sports Day. There will be Lunch with Parents from 11:15-11:45 AM and Student/Parent Field Events from 11:45-1:15. Parents are welcome to join and have fun with your kids!
- March 29 will be Kindergarten's Field Trip to Shoushan Zoo. I will give you more information one week before the said date.